December 11-17 2018, projection of But one bird sang not at the Picolo Festival Animazione, in Visual&Music competition, in Trieste, Dobbia and Pordenone, Italy.
November 25 2018, Special mention of the jury in the Canadian films category for But one bird sang not at the animation Summits, in Montreal.
*November 24 2018, projection of But one bird sang not in international competition at the Animation Summits, in Montreal.
*November 11 2018, beginning of creation travel of two month and a half in Tokyo, calligraphy essons with professor Atsushi Miyazaki.
*November 7-9 2018, screening of Bazin’s Film during the The 5th National Forum for
Young Scholars on Film Studies in Beijing.
*October 30 2018, screening of You look like me at the Utrecht Centraal Museum in a program curated by Gerben Schermer.
*October 25/29 2018, screening of Bazin’s Film in the Ji-Hlava International documentary film festival.
*October 19 2018, screening of Bazin’s Film during an open session of the LABDOC-UQAM at Université du Québec à Montréal.
*October 14 2018, screening, master class and live scratched animation performance with musician Andrea Martignoni, at the auditorium of Musée du Louvre in Paris. The program include the world premiere of But a bird sang not.
*October 10 2018, world premiere of The Statue of Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville and Berlin – The Passage of Time, in a special screening devoted to the Places and Monuments project during the Festival du nouveau cinéma, at Cinémathèque québécoise in Montreal.
*October 5 2018, Live animation performance (digital) with American drummer and composer John Hollenbeck, at Le Ministère in Montreal, during the Off Jazz Festival.
*August 20-31 2018, intensive research/creation seminar at the summer school of University of Montreal, given with André Habib. It included a public screening of Bazin’s Film and a public live animation performance (scratched on film) with clarinette player Lori Freedman.
*June 16-25 2018, screening of Bazin’s Film at the International Shanghai Film Festival in commemoration of André Bazin’s 100th anniversary.
*May 20 2018, screening of Scratch – Triptych 3 at the Festival international de musique actuelle de Victoriaville.
* May 5 2018, Pierre Hébert is awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the Emily Carr University of Art and Design à Vancouver, for outstanding artistic achievements.
* April 24 2018, video concept for the litterary performance «Miniatures» by Sylvie Massicotte, Frédérike Bédard and Breen Lebœuf presented at Maison de la littérature in Québec City.
* March 31 to May 6 2018, 10 drawings of flies in the show «La mouche dans tous ses états» presented at Maison de la culture Eulalie-Durocher in Saint-Antoine sur Richelieu.
* March 24 2018, graphic score film in collaboration with Vancouver signer and composer Viviane Houle. First Words is premiered in Vancouver, by the NOW Society Orchestra, as part of the Reflect the Times concert.
* January 30/February 2 2018, screenings of Bazin’s Film at the Rotterdam International Film Festival.
* January 8 2018, final mix of the English version of The Statue of Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville with Luc Boudrias at Mels stusio in Montreal .